Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Who knew "holy crap" could sound so awful??

Well, when it comes out of your 3 year old's mouth it does. The other day we were just hangin out and Sophi was playing with Gabe. I'm in the other room and all of a sudden I hear her say, "holy crap". Holy crap Sophi what did you just say. I mean, she knew she had said something because when I asked her, "Sophi what did you just say?", She said, "I said nothing Mama". That's pretty suspicious to me. I say that thoughtlessly all the time. I mean, I never really thought she would catch on, but how could she not when it comes flying out of her Mom's mouth all the time. I know it's not that bad, but it just sounds weird coming out of her cute little baby mouth. We talked about how we shouldn't say that because it doesn't sound very nice. I told her that I would try to stop saying it too. So anyway, she's now taken to saying "dang it" instead, which still has a ring to it, but it's not quite as loud if you know what I mean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carli, I after you being so alarmed that Sophi said Holy Crap...I thought you were going to go in the room and find gabe with some poop on his head or doing a one hand hand stand. WHeeew!

Laurel said...

Oh Carli that isn't funny at all!!! Sydney is already picking up on words that I say. And since she doesn't know how to say some letters it makes it so much worse. Love our little Sophi

mandy harline said...

hey girlie! i can't believe i just now noticed your blog link off of jen's...wow...i'm slow! i'm so glad i found you! bruce and i have been sitting here looking at your entire blog! your kids are just too cute! we miss you all...

Aly said...

Can I just say how happy I am that you are blogging again! it makes me so happy in my heart! I flippin love you guys. Oh and Joey says flippin all the time. Not the best! :)