Sunday, January 27, 2008

PRIMARY!!

I was so nervous about primary today. I don't know why, but last week was so crazy for me. I've had anxiety all week about it. Then last night I could hardly sleep because I just so badly wanted it to go well. For anyone reading this that doesn't know already, I am the primary chorister in my ward. I've been in for about 3 months now, with a long absence over Christmas. For the most part i've really enjoyed this calling. However, to my surprise, when I returned home from Utah, we had not 4, not 5, but 17 new sunbeams. Yeah, so, that's a lot. Anyway, last week was my first week back after UT, and it was just really stressful for me. I think it was a combination of not doing it for a month, having 17 new sunbeams, (including my sweet little baby who I love to look at all during singing time. she's so big!)and planning something that didn't quite go over as well as I had hoped. So, since I had a bad experience last week, I was just sure that I would be doomed to repeat that. However, after sacrament, as all the little kiddies filed in, I immediately noticed a difference. They were quiet. Like, really quiet. It was weird, but I wasn't convinced yet. We sang our opening song, great! Sang our monthly song, even better. Then it was time for senior primary sharing time. It went wonderfully. I think everyone noticed a huge difference between last week and this week. Then it was my turn. Singing time turned out to be a blast. The kids haven't sang so beautifully for a while. I was so happy. Junior primary was pretty much a repeat of that. Except for a little louder, and a lot more kiddies. I am really hoping that I can be a good chorister. I want to teach them to love the songs. Sometimes it's just so hard to get them to try. I know that's normal, but it's hit or miss every week. I know Heavenly Father heard my prayers this week, and the prayers of our wonderful primary presidency. I pray that more Sundays will be like this one.

20 comments:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

I can totally see you with a calling related to singing, but it's hard to imagine you doing it in the Primary. But I think it is exciting, I can't imagine trying to keep those sunbeams (who don't know all the songs) entertained. I'm glad things were better for you this week. Love you!

Natalie & Luke said...

Hey Carli, It's Aly's sis. No I don't think you are crazy. :) I always look at Aly's friends blogs too. Your family is so cute. :)

Shandi Brown said...

I haven't heard of Regina, but I am going to look her up today. It's fun to find good songs! I am sure you are amazing in primary! The kids and parents would love you. Things like that sometimes take practice, time, and prayer to figure out what works. But it sounds like it might be uphill from here for ya. I am with activity days the 8-11 year old girls, it is so fun, I love that age.

Jennifer Phillips said...

So we are going May 4th thru the 11th I believe and we are booking stuff this week, I can let you know the exact airline and cruise we book so that you guys end up on the same one, and no one wants to bring kids (which I am kind of sad about and excited also)however if you want to bring your kids you can but you have to pay for them to be on the cruise ship even if they are infants(stupid huh) that's also part of the reason no one wants to bring them because I think it's like 250-300 a child. Anyway let me know if you want all the info and I will email it to you so give me you email address when you reply back

Larissa said...

I'm so glad it went well last Sunday. I can totally relate since I was chorister for 4 years awhile back. I know you are doing a great job!!! And welcome back. We need to get together sometime.

Kara said...

Hello! First of all, I love Sophies hair! I had just recently cut Mia's hair into a bob as well. Don't you just love it? You are so beautiful! I always look at the pictures of you and Donni and you are honestly so pretty! K, I know that sounds cheesy but I just had to tell you :) It is fun to see your blog and to be able to keep in touch with you guys!
Kara

Christine said...

That's awesome!! I bet those kids just get mesmerized by your beautiful voice:) Now that it's American Idol season (Tim and I are addicted of course) were think of you every tuesday and wednesday night and ask eachother, "I wonder when Carli will be a rockstar and have her first CD?" hehe... miss you!!

~Natalie~ said...

Sophi's hair cut is DARLING!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!

Ereka said...

Umm... you finally decided to start blogging again... This Jordan Boogaard... I'm a dork and I look at blogs when I'm bored at work. We have a blog, you should check it out... jordanandereka.blogspot.com

Aly said...

Okay.. this calling is meant for you i think. You and your beautiful voice. You are so funny. No that is definitely not a recent pregnant pic of me. If it was, I would not be smiling in the picture. :) Love you, miss you.

Tamara Jacobs said...

That is so awesome that you are the primary chorister. I'm sure you do an amazing job and the kids love you! How fun!

Kristie said...

Hey
Its Kristie Constantine. Tanya gave me tim and christines post and I saw the link to yours and wanted to say hello. It looks like you guys are doing great. Sophie is sooo cute. I miss you guys. My blog site is www. constantine4.blogsite.com (i just put it up needs work) and my email address is kconstantine1@hotmail.com. How do you like Houston. We are probably moving to Memphis here this time next year when mike makes captain. Give me you email address or phone # so we can keep in touch. Your family is so cute.
Kristie

Christine said...

Carli!! I am anxiously awaiting a new post. How is life?

Jen-ben said...

Ahhh. primary. I'm in the presidency...and it can be stressful with all those wild kids! But good job! I bet your fabulous keeping those sunbeams on their best behavior! :) Like that's even possible!

Jen-ben said...

p.s. don't hate me but would you take my last name off of my blog link (not the photog. one)?! THanks!

Kristin Morris said...

Holy Cow Carlita! update your stinking blog! I want to see new pictures of the little chillins!

Kristin Morris said...

I'm in the primary and yesterday our singing lady did something really cute (she's been doin it for a little while, but I haven't been there) She made a "singing hat" thats like a crazy lampshade with big tassells and put dangling music notes on it, and a big ribbon to tie under the chin. And whichever class sings the best, their teacher has to wear it. I'm in junior primary and the kids just love it! It always makes them sing so good. So I just wanted to tell ya about it for a fun idea. I told my mama too. Love you.

Isaac Family said...

Hi Carli, I don't know if you remember me but I met you at the Jacobs wedding way back when. I'm Bryan Isaac's wife, Natalie. Anyway, I just remember you being so nice and your little girl was so sweet! She's gotten big and you've got a boy now too! Just wanted to say hi!

Shandi Brown said...

AHHH I was just called to that calling and I did one week of it before I went to Hawaii. I tried holding back tears and by the time i came home, I was crying. I am so stressed over this calling, mainly because I don't know how to lead music and I am trying to learn. I know it will get better with time and practice, but I just hate the learning curve!

Unknown said...

Hey Carly I ran into your blog and thought I'd say hi! Your kids are so cute! I will have to tell my sister I found you!! Keep in touch Morgan Cram