Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's been so long...


So, my family came into town the week before last. Ever since then, I haven't had a chance to sit down for a second and post some stuff. Anyway, everything's fine. My cute friend, Aly, was a little worried about her blogging buddy. I'm okay Aly, just been busy. However, I do realize that I need to do this almost every day. Especially since now i'm using it as kind of a journal, not just a blog for other people to look at. It's for me, and my kids, and their kids. I have been so stressed out lately about doing everything that needs to be done, that I don't know what i've been doing. I told donny last night that sometimes when I look around I wonder what i've done all day. But, somehow, despite what it may seem, I am always busy doing something. Did anyone see the movie "Dan in real life"? It is such a beautiful movie, and ever since I saw it i've been all teary eyed and weepy. I would encourage all of you too see it. It touched my heart and helped me to remember what it's really all about. It's all about now. It's not about collecting "things" in life, it's about being able to lay on the floor for an hour and play with your baby. And it's not always about worrying about things like a church calling, or cleaning your bathrooms more, or losing 5 pounds. Really, sometimes it just has to be about feeling happy and content in your life. Whoa, this is pretty intense. But I guess it's just how i'm feeling. Maybe lately i'm just "feeling" alot more than usual.

1 comment:

samsam said...

i love you! i think you're wonderful!